Sunday, June 14, 2009

My first karaoke experience

It was Thursday, June the 11th. I was sitted in front of my monitor, blogging about the departure of Ronaldo when Heng Yie invited me to join her along with her coursemates to The Jetty. Feeling the need for fresh air, I decided to make haste. I arrived at her place slightly before 12. We were about to leave for the karaoke when my car battery died.




  • Shortly after, I was able to get the engine running again but I decided it would be safer to go in another vehicle. So I gave my car some miles to run before parking it by the side of the road. Heng Yie and I then took her brother's car instead. We arrived at The Jetty around 12 or so if I recall correctly. The place seem lively partly because Arena was just around the corner. It was not long till we met up with Heng Yie's coursemates who were joined by an elderly man.


The man whom I believe is in his mid 40s was a friend to the mother of one of Heng Yie's coursemates. I was feeling out of place as everyone was singing in languages I can barely master. However, I did not want to draw attention in a negative way so I tried to enjoy myself. The finger food was phenomenal in my opinion so I did not hesitate to help myself to it. Everything was enjoyable till the elderly man bought us some buckets of heineken.

At this point, I knew I was in for some real stuff. There were 2 buckets in the room so I thought "Okay, just 1. After all the girls here are drinking as well so it will be a shame if I turned away". After the first bottle, everything seemed okay. Then my body started to get warm and I knew my face would probably be red by then.
Moments later, the uncle called for another 2 buckets so I was obliged to dig another bottle. After the 2nd helping, I felt as if God casted a stone spell on my brain. It felt heavy. I made my way to the gents but while walking along the way, my vision was like.. hmm.. that of an assassin in the movie Wanted. It felt like that. Haha. My heart was beating faster than usual too. I was unlucky to be offered a 3rd bottle T_T but soon after, the uncle told me to take half of the bottle. So I hold my breath and gulped as much as I could but I felt like puking. I was able to recover and still managed to drive myself and Heng Yie home safely. By the way, God's stone spell lasted several hours before it wore off when I woke up in the morning.

No comments: