Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Red Dream

Despite being a United fan for as long as I can remember, it was only last Saturday that I was able to catch a glimpse of the team. Lucky for me, I was able to catch both the training session and the actual match. Fans started to pour into the stadium as early as 2 or 3 hours before the kickoff just to get good seats. Having not able to see Ronaldo and Tevez was a bit of a disappointment. Nevertheless, the likes of Rooney, Giggs, Ferdinand, Scholes, Macheda, Berbatov, Carrick, Nani and co. made it a day to remember. United were abit sluggish throughout the game and were punished twice by Amri Yahya but new signing Owen save the Red's blushes. My brother and I left the stadium about a minute before full time to escape the traffic jam. Heard a friend of mine said that several United players threw their jerseys into the crowd after the game.

No comments: